OLLI is recognized as a University-related Foundation by the Board of Visitors of the University of Virginia. In 2007 OLLI at UVa became one of now 119 institutes in a growing, national, lifelong-learning network for seasoned adults that is supported by the Bernard Osher Foundation founded in 1977 and headquartered in San Francisco, CA.
- are held in the daytime or during daylight hours
- are located in places with convenient parking
- will typically meet once a week for 1-1/2 to 2 hours
- will typically last three to six weeks
- are designed to fit the typical senior’s schedule
Membership in OLLI at the University of Virginia
We welcome all who are interested in our goals to join OLLI at UVa. There are no prerequisites, educational or otherwise, for membership—only a desire to continue intellectual exploration. We are dedicated to providing opportunities for active adults to gain knowledge and expertise in a wide variety of academic and recreational pursuits that match our members’ interests and way of life. Our goal is to do this so that learning is fun and interactive.